MCM BIRMINGHAM COMIC CON IS BACK IN TOWN!
As is tradition, returning to end its 2023 convention season, MCM Birmingham Comic Con is back at the NEC from 1st – 3rd December for another fun-filled weekend of geeky goodness.
There’s lots of fantastic special guests to close out the con season, including:
- Fort Solis – VA royalty will be present with Roger Clark best known for his portrayal of Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption and Jack Leary in Fort Solis; and Troy Baker, best known as Joel Millet in The Last of Us, Booker DeWitt in Bioshock and Wyatt Taylor in Fort Solis.
- The Metal Gear Effect – Solid Snake himself, David Hayter, will be present alongside the multi-talented Jennifer Hale, best known for her iconic roles in Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect, and Cinderella. Joining them is Ali Hillis, best known for her role as Dr. Liara T’Soni from the Mass Effect trilogy.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Patricia Summersett, known for her remarkable portrayal of Princess Zelda, has captured the hearts of millions of fans worldwide with her enchanting performances and Sean Chiplock the voice behind the witty and resourceful Revali.
- RWBY – the dynamic quartet behind the animated sensation, Lindsay Jones, the voice of Ruby Rose, Kara Eberle, known to fans as Weiss Schnee, Arryn Zech known as Blake Belladonna, and Barbara Dunkelman, the voice of Yang Xiao Long.
- Genshin Impact – Meet Sarah Miller Crews who brought to life Lumine, one of the main protagonists of the game, Griffin Burns best known for his role as the cunning Tartaglia in Genshin Impact and Muichiro Tokito in Demon Slayer and Erika Harlacher, best known for her portrayal of the free-spirited Venti in Genshin Impact and Kurapika in Hunter x Hunter.
- Overwatch – Last, but not least, Online FPS fans will be well treated with Boris Hiestand, best known for lending his voice to one of the Overwatch heroes, Sigma, and Cara Theobold best known for her role as Tracer, a damaged hero in the franchise.
As well as spectacular special guests, MCM Birmingham will play host to a Comic Village crammed with talented artists and writers. Fans will have an opportunity to meet Sarah Graley, a British cartoonist for the ongoing webcomic, Our Super Adventure , as well as Matt Knight aka Phantastic! Joining them is none other than the illustrator of Rick and Morty comic books – Marc Ellerby; writer Mark Garley, best known for Samurai Slasher, and fantasy artist, House of Mugwort (Zoe Delahunty-Light), best known for Dungeon Master.
Step into the award-winning Treehouse and immerse yourself in a world of creativity and imagination where face-painting, comic creation and mask making bring characters to life. Perfect for little superheroes, the area will be buzzing with family-friendly interactive sessions and mesmerising performances that will keep even the most energetic kids entertained all weekend long.
If you’re looking for a gaming experience, don’t miss out on video games in the Side Quest area! With a multiplayer lounge, gaming bus and retro zone, gamers young and old are catered for. For those who seek adventure in tabletop gaming, Side Quest has you covered with expert Dungeon Masters that will transport you to realms of fantasy, with a tabletop lending library, card corner with One Piece, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and more, plus the chance to have a good old LARP with Life Size Tabletop
Pop Asia will transport you to a different world where you can hone your paper-folding skills in the Origami workshop and learn the art of Manga drawing. Immerse yourself in a dynamic program of dance performances, K-pop sing-alongs, and martial arts demonstrations.
EWE Elite will be at MCM all weekend with 3 live shows per day! Come and watch the drama unfold live as the EWE Elite fight for pride for honour and for your entertainment.
What’s not to love about finding other people who share your passion? MCM Birmingham Comic Con is full of fans just like you! A full schedule of meets can be found on the website here!
There will be a range of gaming guests, live game-play sessions, fan debates and interactive sessions happening on the Live and Main stages at MCM across the weekend. Check the main schedule for full details!
There’s also an eclectic range of exhibitors selling everything from toys and film props to original artwork and anime.
Tickets & Accessibility
Weekend tickets are expected to sell out soon. Tickets for MCM Birmingham Comic Con are available from their online store. To stay up-to-date with show news, visit mcmcomiccon.com/birmingham. And don’t forget! Children aged ten (10) and under go free to MCM Birmingham Comic Con when accompanied at all times by an adult ticket holder – so you can bring the whole family along to enjoy the show, explore the Treehouse family area and make some memories together.
The NEC aims to be fully user-friendly for visitors with access needs; detailed information can be found on the NEC website – https://www.thenec.co.uk/visitors/accessibility
Teresa Heitor, Event Director at MCM Comic Con said: “We’re so excited to be bringing MCM Comic Con back to Birmingham in December. It’s always such a great show with something for everyone and we can’t wait to reveal all of the exciting content we are hard at work planning behind the scenes. Don’t forget to grab your tickets, and we’ll see you there!”
If it’s your first visit, it might be a little bit daunting. With so much to see and do, we thought we’d give you a short guide on how to make the best of your time there.
Comic Con General Tips
- Wear Sensible Footwear (if you’re not Cosplaying!) – You’ll probably do a LOT of walking around to try and fit it all in, and don’t forget to bring some plasters for those blisters if needed.
- Drink Plenty of Fluids Similar to wearing sensible footwear, keeping yourself hydrated is always a good idea. The Halls can get warm with the thousands of attendees and you’ll be glad to have some thirst relief. There’s plenty of food stalls both inside the convention and in the NEC itself, or you could pop over to Resorts World if you fancy a more leisurely dining experience.
- Bring Cash Most Vendors will now accept card payments but the internet data signal can occasionally get overwhelmed. There’s plenty of ATMs onsite but the queues can get long with other events on at the NEC. You won’t want to miss out on that exclusive Funko Pop or Godzilla figure.
- Batteries Whether spare batteries for a camera or a battery pack for your phone, it’s always advisable to bring some POWER with you, if not for yourself, your friends will thank you when you need to make that phone call.
- Hand Sanitiser One of those things that’s always handy after you’ve forgot to bring some!
And most importantly..
- Cosplay Is NOT Consent If you’re taking pictures of some of the FANTASTIC cosplays you’ll see at MCM Comic Con, remember to ask permission first. Be polite and respectful, and if you love the cosplay give them a follow on their social media pages. You can find more information on Photography Rules at the Show Guides Page.
- Other than that, HAVE FUN!